Thursday, July 19, 2007

My thoughts on Canadian Idol by janeyfan

Top 10 - July 17th, 2007

1.Dwight D'eon performed Crazy (not sure of that name) by Matchbox20. I thought it was not really all that good and dont think that he is as good as some of the others. The Judges
said he sang well and showed lots of growth. One of them actually said would have been more interesting if he had sang better (lol ya think?).

2. Khalila Glanville performed Killing me softly by Roberta Flack. I thought it was a great song choice for her and was a really strong performance for her. The Judges actually agreed with me for the most part saying it was really nice and had intensity. Zach said it didnt make it go WOW!

3. Carly Rae Jepsen performed Inside and out by the BeeGees I thought that I really really dont like her voice. She has good energy on stage but I just cant get past her voice. Something about her singing just doesnt do it for me. The Judges said it was cool, killer, Zach didnt "get it", the performance had no dynamics, not enough emotion, applaud effort.

4. Brian Melo performed If you could only see by Tonic I thought that it was a pretty good performance I love his tone. The Judges said it was a good job, lots of intensity, and that he needed more confidence.

5. Mila Miller performed Signed, sealed, delivered by Stevie Wonder I thought that it wasnt all that. Was like she was at a karaoke bar. Something in her voice sounds like she is constantly stuffed up. The Judges said she didnt sing it very well, that she didnt own it and wasnt competitive, also that it was too safe.

6. Jaydee Bixby performed hmm well dont know why I didnt write down what he sung d'oh :-[ I thought that it was rough at times and I didnt really like it. I really really want to hear him sing something more current. The Judges said it was an electric performance, the Michael Buble of Country music, the Bobby Darin of today.

7. Greg Neufeld performed All these things that I've done by the Killers I thought he looked a bit stiff at the beginning and it was a bit rough at times. It wasnt too bad but he has done much better. So far he has been my fav of the competition. The Judges said that he really delivered, Zach said he shouldnt do that kind of song, others said it was intense and the highlight of their night, one actually said he was the prize fighter taking the fight.

8. Martha Joy performed The power of love by Celine Dion I thought it had some very rough spots and it actually hurt my ears. She forces the power notes too much. The Judges said it was a strong performance, best singer in the competition, finally a voice of reason said it was a bad arrangement and she was milking it, she has skills, was technically good but sleepy.

9. Tara Oram performed You win my love by Shania Twain I thought she has a great stage presence but her singing is not good enough. She isnt a bad singer but in my opinion she isnt Idol worthy. You could probably hear the same quality performance in any
karaoke bar. The Judges said it was predictable but the best from her so far, strong performance, there are limitations to her range but she knows them and is able to work around them.

10. Matt Rapley performed I heard it through the grapevine by Marvin Gaye I thought that it was hard for me to listen to because it is probably some of the only type of music I dont like He did an okay job but nothing I wanted to shout HOORAY about. The Judges said it was nice and energetic, loved it, he glided through the song, too safe, too karaoke.

So far I am gonna stick with my fav Greg. I still think the judges are deaf but at least I am agreeing with some of them finally.


by janeyfan

No comments: