Friday, April 11, 2008

Dancing With The Stars

Well it's seems I have fallen way behind with this show as well. Blame it on Big Brother and the absense of two of my fellow bloggers who have been out for a while now taking care of ill relatives and themselves. I hope for a speedy recovery for them and their families.

Now on to the topic of this blog....Dancing with the Stars. This years DWTS has a higher level of talent than in previous years. I am finally glad that Adam Corolla is out, even though that means the beautiful and talented Julianne is out. I absolutely loved Julianne two seasons ago with Apollo and still liked her last year, although she was a bit more big headed last year. This year she came in down right cocky. I wonder if that is why the powers that be gave her a lousy celeb to work with. Everyone knew right off the bat that Julianne would not be around long. In my opinion longer than Adam deserved but whatever, he is gone now and that will improve the show.

Steve Guttenburg on the other hand I would have liked to see him hang around a little longer. His upbeat personality was a delight. He really thinks this show makes the world a better place. What were they spiking his soda with....lol. But being serious folks, he brought such a joy to the dance floor that no matter if he was not a master technician he was a delight to watch. And the encore dance "The Mango" he did was hilarious.

As far as the rest of the contestants, I will give you my opinion on each and who I think will ultimately win:

Jason and Edyta - OMG.....is he hot or what. And man do I wish I had a pair of legs like Edyta. These two together make me want to go take a cold shower. I mean come on,the chemistry between them is hot hot hot! Again the football player proves he can be light on his feet and glide effortlessly across the floor. Finally Edyta has gotten a partner with a real shot at winning this, since Joey, even though Joey never had a legitimate shot at winning. Before you all start screaming at me, I loved Joey Lawrence and would have loved to see him win, but it wasn't happening and you know it as well as I do. This time Jason does have a chance. Keep up the good work Edyta and Jason. I look forward to the finals when you can do the lifts you so love to do.

Mariss and Tony - gotta love Tony. He is just such a sweet heart. I am sure by now the over exuberance of Marissa has to be getting on his nerves. It's getting on mine and I am only expossed to it for 2 hours a week. He on the other hand has it for days and days, hours and hours. Poor Tony...will he ever get a partner he can go to the finals with. Marissa, poor girl, trys so very hard and is probably putting in more practice time than the others, but give it up. This is not your thing. As a "plus sized" woman myself I can honestly say this.....Ballroom Dancing is not for the short and stubby. Bless her heart though for she has gotten better. Her Paso Doble this past week was brilliant. But I just don't see her being there much longer. And would someone tell the makeup department to lay off the spray tan on Tony. My goodness was he dark this past week or what. His teeth were glowing.

Karina and Mario - this is Karina's second Mario and the first one was better. Even though Mario #2 is a R & B singer, this is not his cup of tea. Let him go back to the funk, hip hop world he comes from. I just don't like his dancing. He is just not smooth enough for me. Karina on the other hand is awesome this year. In previous years I did not like her much because of her sour disposition. This year she seems to have softened and taken this contest for what it's for----fun! And wow was she ever hot in that black and green corset of a costume for their Paso....DAMN.

Shannon and Derek - isn't he just the cutest thing. I mean come on, admit it. You know you are thinking the same thing I am **wink wink**. I have to say Shannon has come a long way since her first dance when she did not know what to do with her legs. Their waltz this week was absolutely amazing. I felt like I was watching two lovers reconnecting on the dance floor. such grace and fluidity in her movements across the floor. And kudos to Derek for great choreography and performing while injured. Sorry to say Shannon will not make the finals. Maybe end up in final 3 or 4 but that's about it.

Priscilla and Louis - I am tremedously glad that Louis came back this year. There is no one that can come close to his level of choreography. Probably why he choreographs most of the professionals numbers. Priscilla is surprising me in being a very graceful dancer. But what is up with her face. Too much botox I guess because her face looks frozen and I can never tell when she is smiling. I think Priscilla will be around a few more weeks because she has all the Elvis fans voting for her. But she also deserves to hang around a little longer. Would be nice to see Louis carry her to the finals. He deserves it if nothing else. I coud sit and watch Louis dance all day till midnight.

Marlee and Fabian - I have to say I have been totally shocked on this one. First off the pro, Fabian: he is surprising me. I am liking him more and more each week. And he is doing a great job especially with the handicap he has been given. Now on to Marlee: for someone who is completely deaf I just don't get how she can have such great musicality. She moves with the music better than a lot of people who can hear the music. This last week was not one of her best, but overall she has done a great job. I see her out within the next two weeks though because I just don't thinks he will be able to stay in the top of the pack.

Kristy and Mark - my favorite couple and my pick to win it all. Of course the obvious: is Mark hotter this year than last year. Tis a shame Sabrina and he are still connected because I could make him my all day sucker for sure...LMAO. And Kristy looks as beautiful as she did during her ice skating days. As for their dancing, I just dont see this pair not ending up in the finals or even going so far as winning it. They have been at the top since the beginning and with 2 10's this past week, they should stay at the top. Mark is really showing himself as an awesome teacher. His choreography this year is incredible and comes close to rivaling Louis choreography. I can't wait to see what Mark will have in store for the final free-style.

Cheryl and Christian - we all know I love Cheryl. And before you go bashing her for her "supposed" relationship with the very married Drew, we really don't know the full story. And it takes two to tango, pun intended. If Drew didn't want it no matter how Cheryl tempted him he would have looked the other way. So don't just blame Cheryl. I still love Cheryl as a dancer. She is hot hot hot. Christian is improving every week. This past week their Paso was on fire. And that costume she was wearing should be illegal. Damn girl. I will take her body as well....lol. Sadly I don't think they will be around until the finals. Maybe final 4 but I think that is about as far as they will go. Just don't think he has the fan base to keep him in it and what with all the press about Cheryl and Drew getting it on behind the scenes, that will hurt her.

Well I think that is it for my opinions. I am enjoying this season more and more. I think our final two will be Kristy and Mark and Jason and Edyta and if the viewing public votes the right way we will have our second female winner in Kristy. Sorry Edyta, as much as I want you to win and you so deserve it, Kristy is the better dancer over Jason.

Until next time.....

bbfanatik

No comments: