Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Ivette Cordero Interview


So Ivette, how did you get involved with BIG BROTHER?
I got involved with BIG BROTHER because I was looking through the computer trying to find a quick way to make money for my mom and I didn't pay any attention to it because it was a big process on everything that I needed to do at that time and then two guys came up and asked if I wanted to be in a reality show and I said sure and it all lead to this. One thing led to the next and all of a sudden I'm on the show.

Did you follow BIG BROTHER at all before being on the show yourself?
No I didn't. I did not.

So, what would you say your experience being on BIG BROTHER 6 was like? Was it a good experience?
It was a great experience, honestly. You know, at first you are kind of like, "Was it great or was it not? Would I do it again and was it worth it?" But it helped me grow so much as a person. It helped me grow so much as a person as far as making me stronger and making smarter decisions and everything. You realize the important things. You just have so much time to yourself. I know all of these things it’s probably some of the things you don’t want to hear but that’s how I took the game and on some part of it, there is reality to it and people will do whatever it takes to get to the top and that’s real life. It’s not just about the game.

Do you still keep in touch with a lot of the people?
I keep in touch with James and I keep in touch with Beau and I talk to Eric every now and then. I haven’t spoken to him again and I spoke with Janelle briefly.

Would you say that you got along with the majority of the people on your season?
The majority? No. Not the majority.

Who did you have the most difficult time with?
I think I'd rather not comment, there’s no need. That’s just me starting up stuff that, you know, sometimes it’s better just not to say anything.

Can you tell us about the experience as far as being contacted to be an All-Star candidate?
I can’t do that. No, I’m not allowed to do that. Yeah, like there’s no if, ands or buts about it and I'd just rather not. I don’t want to jeopardize anything.

Can you share your experience of what it was like being a top 20 All-Star candidate during that week-long campaign?
Well, I mean, getting the call was nice. Being in the top 20 was nice. Watching myself be a top 20 candidate and then having to campaign and stuff was different. I always saw it as a good chance for me and that's it. And then getting on there and then being on stage and seeing certain people get in and you not getting in, but at the same time I was happy because I would have the summer to myself. Your kind of like, "Well, I'm a much better player than this person," or, "How much fun can this person be?" And that’s the thing you do to compare yourself. It is what it is.

Do you have any comments on any of the All-Stars who made it in the house that you don’t think should be in there?
I'd rather not comment on that either.

So far with what’s been going with this season, what are your thoughts?
I think this season they’re supposed to be full of All-Stars and they’re not and everybody is playing very cowardly. Kaysar had the opportunity to go after the two people who wanted him out of the house the most and he didn't. He took the easy way out. And then James…and then they wanted to throw it on Janelle. Everybody should be playing the game hard core because it’s All-Stars, not "Who you can cuddle with?" and "Who you could make look good?" I am very disappointed about the way they’re playing because the way they campaigned was how strong they were going to play and what peaches and apples they were gonna be and they’re not. To me, it was kind of disappointing to watch because it’s like, "Well, what's the point of this?"

Were there any surprises for you as far as the people who have been evicted so far?
The people who got put out were the people who weren't going to the play, to be quite honest. Diane ended up taking it kind of slow because it ended up being that she had to lay low because she didn't have her people there anymore. But Allison was ready to play the game and Nakomis should have stepped it up a notch, but she didn't. It wasn't up to her ‘cause there were bigger people in the house that needed to be taken care of. And Jase was playing the game and all those people got taken out. It’s amazing that they’re letting Will get away with the same exact way that he came on season two. It’s strange.

If you were a houseguest this season, what strategy would you have?
If you would have been put in the house? I wouldn’t have layed low, but I think I would have gone in there and really played the game and really have given them an All-Star. I would have gone out playing the game, you know, not gone out doing what everyone else wanted me to do, or playing the little victim way or the easy way out so I wouldn’t get evicted the next week. I would have played balls to the wall.

So that would be your advice to the houseguests now?
Yeah, play the game. Isn’t that what you guys are there for? Diane said it perfectly before she left. She said, “Remember, this is All-Stars.” And apparently people aren’t really listening so…You know they could have turned the whole entire game and flipped everybody out but they didn’t.

Do you have any predictions on who you think will win?
You know honestly if they keep letting them get away with it, Will and Boogie are going to get very far.

So, what are you doing now?
What am I doing now? I work at a cafeteria, comment on the CBS blogs, watch BIG BROTHER on the side. Very simple life I live. I know it’s probably not very exciting. Sorry, this is like so last year. I know certain people who continue to live through their BIG BROTHER stuff, but I don’t. I honestly watch to keep up to see ‘cause I know these people, but, you know, I separate myself from the game, otherwise it just consumes your life.

This game does seem to consume a lot of people.
You just learn to grow from it. I enjoy talking about the game sometimes, but sometimes, you know, it’s just a game and it’s hard to explain it and it’s hard to get in a conversation and I’ve learned to separate myself from it because there’s so many people who want to comment on it or criticize it and they don’t even remotely have an idea what it’s like to be on it and that part just gets totally exhausting. So sometimes it's better just not to say or not to speak, or you say something and it comes off as jealousy rather than, no, you know what it is.

What do you think is the biggest misconception people have about big brother?
That it’s just a game. It’s not just a game, it’s your personal life that is in there. You don’t talk strategy 24/7. You talk about your life and how you are as a person and about people back at home. And you cry and you laugh and you do all these things and you build trust with someone, and then they can screw you in the end. And it is a personal thing, it’s like a best friend screwing you over – someone who you let into your house and they come in and they steal your stuff. So, it’s not just a game, it’s a big misconception.

source: http://www.big-brothertv.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!