Friday, November 17, 2006

Dancing With The Stars - Finale

All I can say is WOW!!! What a night of dancing!

I think this has been the best finale yet. We of course have the media darling in Emmitt Smith and the very good dancer in Mario Lopez competing for the prized Mirror Ball Trophy. These two have impressed me for the whoel season. You could easily see that Mario had some dance background, not necessarily ballroom dance background, but some dance background. Emiitt on the other had was thought to be the big heavy footed football clod. Did he fool us. His lightness on his feet were a treat to watch all season long.

When the season began I was pulling for Mario and Monique - I had to pull for Monique because I have a 10 year old and I needed to make her happy...lol

During the course of the season, my favorite changed to Emmitt, especially after Monique was sent home. I think the reason for this had to do mainly with Marios partner, Karina and her sour disposition. She always seemed to come on stage with a hateful scowl on her face. Tis a shame, because with a smile I bet she is a very pretty lady. I also think the daggers she threw at Cheryl Burke all season were uncalled for. And as the season wore on, Mario seemed to get just a little too cocky for my taste. He was choosen as the winner from day one, but I think he got too sure and full of himself and he ended up making the voting public look the other way.

For the last dances of the season, we were treated to Mario and Emmitt getting to dance to the same song, repeat a dance and then freestyle. I think when they danced to the same song, Emmitt blew Mario away. Although Mario received 29 and Emmitt got 30, I think the judges were being nice to Mario. In my opinion Mario did not deserve 29. I wasnt impressed with that dance.

For the repeat dance, Mario did the Pasa Doble and the judges gave him a perfect score. I am not a fan of this dance so I will leave the judging to the professional judges. I do however think he danced good, just once again I wish his partner did not look like she was mad all the time

For Emmitts repeat dance he did the Samba and again got a 30, which he deserved. This was a great dance and I enjoyed every minute of it.

For the freestyle, we have Mario doing hip hop and breakdancing. Although everyone expected Mario to do lifts out of the you know what, but he did not. He only did two lifts. Surprising since he got scolded twice for doing lifts when he wasn't supposed to. I personally did not like Marios freestyle. Looked to me like for half the dance, his partner just stood there and watched him. What was that all about. But the judges awarded him a 30, which gave him an 89 out of 90.

Now Emmitts fresstyle was AWESOME! He danced to MC Hammers Can't Touch This and I have to admit I was sitting there dancing to the music too. I would have stood up and danced but I probably would have embarrassed my daughter too much, so I stayed seated. But Emmitt did a GREAT job. I loved him freestyle. He tried a few lifts and they seemed awkward. For a football star I would have thought he would have had no problem lifting Cheryl, but I guess when you are a short football star it is not as easy. Emmit was given a 29, which gave him a total of 89 as well.

So we ended the show with a tie. America would get to choose the winner. And sot he voting began!

When we came back on Wednesday night, we were treated to seeing all the stars dance again. Even though they only got to dance for maybe 20/30 seconds it was nice to see. Was also nice to see Sara Evans smiling, what with all she is going through. Prayers are with you Sara.

We also got to see Mario and Emmitt dance again and I was not disppointed! There was some behind the scene footage showign that Mrio and Karina may really have a personal relationship. At least during the competition they kissed and acted like they were a couple, but I have a feeling Karina will have heartbreak one Mario dumps her. Up until the finale, they lead the America audience on into thinking they were a couple, however Mario made several comments that led me to believe he considers her only a friend now and they will nto be together after the show. Time will tell.

The results are read and when they were, myself and my daughter probably woke the dead with our screams of joy! Emmitt and Cherly were the winners. And rightfully so, or at least I think so. My thinking for this is that Emmitt had NO dance background whatsoever, however Mario has had some professional training. Maybe not ballroom training but enough trainign to understand what beat to start on and to know the moves. Mario was great from day one, but he never improved. Emmitt on the other hand, improved week after week. He BECAME a dancer, he did not start as a dancer and for me that is the reason he deserved to be the winner.

So I will end with a big CONGRATUALTIONS to Emmitt and Cheryl. I cant wait for the next season which we now know will begin in March.

Happy dancing to you all!

If you would like to comment please click here:
http://bbbut.proboards7.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=dwts&thread=1163796177

No comments: