Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Dancing With The Stars - Men vs Women

So tonight begins what we have become used too....the men and women dancing together.
First up tonight is Mel B and Maks doing a quickstep. During practice Maks said his most difficult job was in making Mel B look like a lday...LMAO. So in comes the etiquette coach and we have Mel B walking around with a book on her head. After her etiquette lesson, Mel B changes her name from Scary Spice to Lady Spice....nope sorry Mel B, you still look scary to me.

Once again Mel and Maks get nothing but priase from Len and Bruno, and Carrie Ann told her to watch her shoulders. I don't know what they are seeing, but Mel B does nothing for me. I just don't think they are that great. She gets 8's from Len and Bruno and a 7 from Carrie Ann and Carrie Ann gets dirty looks from Len and Bruno.

Next on the dance floor is Mark Cuban and Kym Johnson. I liked Mark last week. He wasn't perfect but he was entertaining. Their dance tonight....the mambo. and I thought he did a good job, not perfect but still entertaining. And he looked better without the goatee.
Bruno of course give the typical Brunoism......saying it was like “watching a bulldog chasing a squirrel.” He gets all 6's which will more than likely land him in the bottom two and a ticket home.

Wayne Newton is on after him. It's a quickstep for Wayne and Cheryl and they incorporate Vegas into their dance by dancing to Viva Las Vegas. Poor Cheryl. She is defiantely not goign to win this year. With all 5's, they will utimately have the lowest marks of the night.

Marie Osmond and Jonathan Roberts are next with an oh so playful and fun mambo. I was proud of Marie for trying the death drop on week two. This woman has guts. And I have to say, Marie is one of the better if not best older women to date. Was great to see Donnie and Jimmy Osmond in the audience as well. All 7's for Marie and we have 21

Albert Reed and Anna decided to try something different this week. No more hip shaking, booty moving. Just simple dancing. Only problem, it wasn't clean simple dancing. Too many mistakes. I am not sure why or how he was given 3 seven's because Marie was way better than Albert. I can only hope that he will go this week and give Mark another chance.

Once again Indy driver Helio and partner Julianne brought it, or at least the judges thought they did. I personally don't think they deserved all 9's. Although Julianne is an awesome dancer, Helio doesn't do it for me. Don't get me wrong, he did a good job, but I am not seeing what the judges are seeing. Too me he spent most of the dance standing in place while Julianne danced around him. Last week was better than this week and yet he scored higher this week. He does not excite me like Apollo did last year or like Mark Cuban does this year. I knwo he can dance better than Mark, but Mark is entertaining better....at least in my opinion.

Poor Jennie Garth..... Her nerves are still getting the best of her. Derek needs to figure out how to get her to relax. And on top of that the fall at the end didn't help matters. Of course it wasn't her fault that Derek fell. I actually put this square ont he shoulders of the costume deptartment since it was her flowy dress that Derek tripped/slipped on and caused a head-to-butt spill. I was so saddened for Jennie. But the judges apparently decided it wasn't Jennie's fault and awarded her all 7's.

Camerona Mathison and Edyta were up next with a mambo that unfortuantley was stiff. Seems Cameron is having the problem Jennie has of not relaxing. Bruno gives us another great analogy telling Cameron he looks like Superman but dances like Clark Kent. Cameron gets all 7's and we have another 21.

Floyd Mayweather, Jr. and Karina Smirnoff attempt a quickstep. And although I give Floyd credit for listening to the judges, he is still an awlful dancer. yes he was light on his feet this week but he is still awkward from the waist up. His top half looked like he was in a boxing ring. But he gets all sevens too. So now we have another 21.

Our second to last dancer tonight was Jane and Tony doing a mambo. But not a true mambo, and English Mambo.???? That's what Len said. He said he wanted more raunch in the mambo and Jane just didn't not give that. I personally thought it was a good dance and deserved the 3 seven's she got. So now we have 6 couples with 21.

Last but not least is Cheetah girl, Sabrina and Mark. Most woudl think the ballroom dances would be harder on Sabrina, but she showed that she is there to win it. With an almost perfect quickstep and incredible footwork, this girl deserved all 9's at least. But no, Len was having none of that. She gets an 8 from Len for a total of 26 and lands in the #2 spot.

So the top two stay the same this week and the bottom two are Wayne and Mark. Who will go? Who will stay? My personal opinion is Floyd or Wayne needs to go (Sorry Cheryl). But Mark is way more entertaining then Floyd. Who I think will go....Mark.

On another note, is it me or do the judges seem to be nicer this year. They really haven't come down on anyone harshly. Seems like in previous years they had no problem telling the dancers just what they thought. And it appears the judges have already choosen who their favorites are no matter what we think. Looks like the finale will be Helio and Sabrina, at this point in time. Tis a shame because I think Cameron and Marie are good dancers and need to be given a fair shake from the judges. I hate when the judges do that.
Also, I am liking me some Drew. Let him stay for the rest of the season and let Samantha stay home with her new baby!

Until tomorrow for the results................


No comments: