Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Dancing With the Stars - Name Your Poison

So the dancers got to pick which dance they wanted to. It had to be something they had not done before, so we will get a mix of different styles. We also get out first group number and this one will be a country dance. So are you ready and are you riding the Winokur Wave!!

Tonights first couple is Jason and Edyta and they will be dancing the cha cha cha. Or is it cha cha. Who knows, it's pronounced both ways so say it however you wish. Thsi week Edyta's goal is to get more content for Jason to dance and not just Edyta. Seems the judges thoiught last week she danced around him, but we know the judges are not always right. Edyta takes Jason to learn some hip hop moves, not sure why, but they can both shake their groove thing (yeah I know that dated me....sue me). I thought it was a pretty good routine, but I wonder if Carrie Ann will point out the lift.....or the almost lift. Hopefully she was looking the other way. I don't think it was a lift but we all know how Carrie Ann is. Scores of 8, 8, 8 seem right and I suspect they will return to dance again next week.

Shannon and Derek are next with the Rhumba. We all know the Rhumba is the most sexual sensual dance of ballroom/latin dancing. And with all he rumors swirling around these two this should be an easy dance to pull off. Their practice footage only fans the rumor flames as they take to the beach to work on the routine. This is just too romantic in nature. Quit denying the rumors Shannon.....he's hot, go for it! Their routine is safe at best. I think with all the rumors about an ongoing relationship, she pulled back in the "Acting" part of the dance and for me there was no chemistry on the dance floor. Scores of 8, 8, 8 are a little surprising to me, butg what do I know. During their post dance interview, was Samantha ever the inquizative one. She was not going to let it die in that she kept asking if they have a relationship off the floor. Both were able to dance around the questions (pun intended), but did Shannon ever look uncomfortable.
Marlee and Fabian have the mambo tonight and considering that Fabian is a former mambo champion (2006) this should be great. However Marlee is doubting herself because of her lackluster performance last week. So she calls in good friend Henry Winkler (The Fonz....aaaayyyyy) for a much needed pep talk. Thsi week is another bad week for Marlee. She is terribly off tonight but you gotta give her props for keeping going even after making mistakes. This could be the week that does Marlee in. Her scores of 7, 7, 7 aren't bad considering the dance wasn't great. I found it very rude of the judges to not let Marlee speak when she tried. They just kept talking over her.

Cheryl and Christian are next with a foxtrot. First I have to say that Cheryl looked like a big blob of pink cotton candy. It was so sugary sweet, my teeth were hurting...lol. During practice footage, Cheryl takes Christian to the swimming pool to dance to help him with his arm movements. It helped because they dance a flowing, graceful foxtrot. Their best dance yet. The get scores of 9, 9, 9, rightful earned. But note to the wardrobe people, lay off the pink and fluff.


It's time to find out if you are jumping on the Winokur Wave or not. Next up is Marissa and Tony. I have to say I think Tony is having more fun this season than any other. And Marissa has come a long way. I did not think she would last this long. Their dance for tonight is the Viennese Waltz. Her dress is beautiful and elegant. I could use something like that for formal night on my upcoming cruise...lol. their Watlz was truly amazing. Flowing, graceful, elegant and full of content. She has definately come into her own as a dancer. They get scores of 9, 8, 9. Len was being a fuddy duddy. Was good to hear Carrie Ann has jumped on the Winokur Wave....have you!

Kristi and Mark are next and they will have the jive. This is my pick for the couple to win. Kristi is just too cute and man is Mark ever hot!!!! We learn in their practice footage that Kristi was born with a club foot. I think her accomplishments are even that more impressive having overcome this. I don't know what to say about this dance. The best dance of the season. Fun, fast paced, energetic.....AWESOME. I actually rewinded and watched it three or four times. Such a fun dance. I loved Mark in his geeky glasses. He was so cute and cheeky. And when the dance slowed dance, Kristi was hot with her pouty lips. I found myself moving and groovy during this number (my daighter laughed). PERFECT SCORE!!!!! Hopefully this will be the encore tomorrow...if not there is something terribly wrong in DWTS judges world.

Mario and Karina round out tonights dances with a rhumba. We see during practice footage that Mario is a huge role model for his younger brother. Such a cute segment between the two....that is until Mario dedicated this dance to his brother. I'm sorry Mario but you don't need to be dedicating the Rhumba danced to "Let's Get It On" to what looked to be an 8 year old. Poor taste Mario. But the dance was not bad. Very hot, very steamy. Actually for most of the dance it looked like they were about the "Get It On" on the dance floor. The only problem with the dance was there was a lift. No doubt about this one. She tried to keep a foot on the floor, but didn't work. Scores of 9, 9, 10. It would have probably been a perfect score except for the lift and for Len saying it was a bit too raunchy for him.

The group dance is set to Cotton Eye Joe. I personally like country music and when I heard they would be having a "showdown", I was excited. Made me think back to Drew and Cheryl and Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy! But this was no where near close to that. I thought the dance was too busy and too manic. Don't get me wrong, there were some amazing steps done and some fantastic lifts, but it was too busy. Too much going on at once. I would not have scored that any higher than a 7 or 8.


o someone is going home and I think it will be between Marlee and Shannon. That is if the votes are based on ability and not popularity. If America voted on popularity I think Cheryl and Christian could be going. I will be back to let you know how the elimination goes.

Until tomorrow..................



bbfanatik

No comments: